3-D Secure for Credit Card Payment
Last updated on January 15, 2022.
Note: "Card issuer" means the bank or other financial institution that issued and delivered the credit card. "Card provider" means Visa, Mastercard, American Express or other companies providing credit cards.
1. WHAT IS 3-D SECURE?
3-D Secure technology is a reliable, fast and easy authentication procedure to protect both buyers and vendors during a card purchase. Created by Visa, it is now
adopted by Mastercard, American Express and most of the card providers.
Strong customer authentication (SCA) came into force in European Union on 14th of September 2019. The European Banking Authority announced a decision that allowed to postpone the deadline to the 31st of December 2020 for e-commerce payments.
2. HOW DOES 3-D SECURE WORKS?
When making an online purchase, 3DS technology evaluates whether it is necessary to add an extra layer of security to verify who is the legitimate cardholder. In this case the buyer is redirected to a 3DS page and the card issuer generates a temporary PIN and sends it by SMS to the cardholder's mobile phone or email. To complete the transaction you will need to enter that PIN. After the payment is approved by the card provider, you’re then automatically sent back to the website with an order confirmation message.
3. WHY MY CREDIT CARD HAS WORKED ON YOUR SITE IN THE PAST AND NOW THE PAYMENT DOESN'T GO THROUGH?
Visa, Mastercard and other card providers has enhanced 3-D Secure (3DS1) control and scheduled the final switch to 3D-Secure 2 (3DS2). On 15th October 2022 they will deprecate 3DS1. How do that affects your card payments?
- 3DS technology has regulatory boards and card schemes, existing regulations apply either to you and to your card issuer when you are purchasing in countries where 3DS is already mandatory.
- New 3DS2 enables mobile, in-app and digital wallet payment methods not supported by 3DS version 1, and comes with new strong authentication procedure in-app. Already in force in many countries, 3DS2 will be mandatory starting October 2022.
- Over the transition to 3DS2, the card schemes left possibilities for non-EU countries and issuer banks to have migration prolonged. However, prolongation of the transition period is causing headaches to card issuers not compliant with 3DS2 and their customers, unable to pay in many countries with their credit card.
- Starting October 2021, Mastercard and Visa do no longer generate "Attempts transactions" from their 3DS1 network when the card issuer is unable to respond to the authentication request. That means the card issuer is "blind" on failed 3DS attempts and will respond to its customers that the issue is on vendor side.
4. WHAT CAN I DO IF MY CARD PAYMENT DIDN'T GO THROUGH?
Get in touch with the card issuer to explain you need to make card purchases with 3-D Secure. Use the info above to clear up what you are requiring, since usually the response you'll get is that 3-D Secure is already active on your card. Only strong authentication with temporary PIN sent to you to finalize the payment proves that 3DS1 is active according current 3DS regulations. Only if you are able to manage payments with authentication by your card issuer app on mobile, the migration to 3DS2 has been done.
5. MAY I CHANGE MY METHOD OF PAYMENT AFTER I SENT THE ORDER?
Yes. You just need to contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, that will provide you with the info and data you need.